How to apply for a secondary driving license in Poland?
01.07.2011 a new traffic law came into force in Estonia, which oblige citizen’s to apply for a driving license in the country of residence. In order to apply for a secondary driving license or for a replacement of a driving license issued in Estonia into a new driving license issued in Poland, a citizen of Estonia living in Poland needs to turn to a Traffic Department (Wydział Komunikacji) in a City Office, where s/he lives (Urząd Miasta) or in a District Office in his/her region (Starostwo Powiatowe).
- Filled application form for issuing a secondary driving license;
- Statement (about being aware of consequences of delivering false information);
- A photo 3,5 x 4,5 cm showing the person without any hat or dark glasses in a way that left half-profile is visible with left ear, with face evenly lightened;
- Proof of payment for a secondary driving license (84 PLN) and for evidential fee (0,50 PLN);
- Copy of the owned driving license;
- While delivering documents mentioned above, an ID card or another document with a photo certifying identity, is needed for showing. Also certificate („zaświadczenie”) of registration for a permanent stay (or for a temporary stay in justified cases) has to be shown;
- Driving license;
- A foreigner attaches to the application also a copy of certificate of stay („Karta pobytu”), visa, or another document certifying right to stay in the territory of Poland, or a certification, that he/she studies in Poland for at least 6 months.
- 84 zł – for issuing a secondary driving license (payment can be done by cash on spot or money transfer into bank account).
- 0,50 PLN – evidential fee (A secondary driving license document will be produced only after the proof of payment is delivered).
Term of realization:
- Up to 1 month.
- Up to 2 months in extremely complicated cases.
- There is an obligation to immediately inform Biuro Administracji i Spraw Obywatelskich of an appropriate region about losing or damaging the driving license, or about changes of data included in the driving license.
- In case a lost driving license is regained, it has to be returned to an appropriate unit issuing driving licenses.
Similar procedure applies and similar documents are needed for replacement of a driving license issued abroad in case of loss, theft etc for persons that live permanently in Poland. For detailed information please consult a local Traffic Department.